Thursday 27 September 2012

WORDS AND PICTURES ON A PAPER?



A very good morning I would like to wish all my readers. How is your morning going on so far? Mine has been good so far. What really made my morning is that I had a plate of Nasi Lemak for breakfast from a stall that I have been going to since when I was a kid. For me, this Nasi Lemak is unlike any other. These days, you would get a modified so to speak version of Nasi Lemak where you have it with fried chicken or the usual Nasi Lemak biasa. This stall that I have always been buying since my early years of life, serves the very authentic Malay type of Nasi Lemak where you would have like the beef rendang, ayam rendang, sambal sotong and stuff like that. The Nasi Lemak is even served with banana leaf at the bottom! How often can you still get Nasi Lemak that is still served with those traditional side dishes to go along with it yet alone served with banana leaf. Talking about it right now makes me feel like I want to have another plate of it.

                       
Now getting back on track before I blog about food rather than the purpose of why I am here this morning. From my headings, SHEETS OF PAPERS FILLED WITH WORDS AND PICTURES, what does the first thing that comes to your mind when you read the headings? Does it leave you clueless for a bit? Does it make you wonder what I could possibly be talking about?. If I would have to ask you to guess an object in relation to my headings, what object would you possibly guess?. The answer is newspapers!. This is how I imagine newspapers. It’s simply sheets of papers filed with words and pictures. Some of you may agree with me, others may not. Let me go in depth. Newspapers are simply papers filled with important words so to speak going along with pictures to help describe a clearer picture to readers. Here are some of the newspaper companies that are currently operating in our country!

                                    

Living in this technological era today, where computers are no longer huge and bulky like they used to be, but instead slimer and getting smaller in size if you like. It is now even portable and you can carry it wherever you go! Hand phones are no longer those big phones the size of a huge brief case but instead the size of as small as your palm. Adding to that, who would have thought that hand phones would soon become touch screen?. We have advanced so much to some extend where we become heavily dependent on our gadgets. Let me ask you this question, could you survive a day without using your laptops, your tablets or your smart phones just for a day?. Honestly, I can’t last a day without even using my Ipad and checking my Facebook and Twitter for updates. Not only that, I find it hard when I am studying as most of the time I would rather type than write and I have gotten so used to this that if I did not type out my work and I would have to write down, I would not be able to do it as my hand writing would have probably be affected. This is how much technological inventions have impacted our lives
 
            

For some people, they do not rely heavily anymore on the newspapers to obtain their source of news. Back in the days not too long ago, every where you would go, whether its to the coffee shop or to those India-Muslim restaurants, you would find most people having a newspaper in their hand while they enjoy their Roti Canai and Teh Tarik kurang manis. Today, we rarely see that anymore! Instead we see most people having Ipads in their hands checking out the latest updates as well as their source to obtain news. This is how revolutionize our technological gadgets have advanced.
Before I end my post here, I would like to ask you this question. Do you think that newspapers would be taken over by technological gadgets causing newspaper companies to go out of business say in 10 years time?. A lot could happen in 10 years time. We are already in that era where car companies are starting to invent cars that fly! Have a great day everyone and till  the next post! Stay tuned J
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment